351W roller block

• Sponsors (?)

bluevenom867 said:
Late model trucks and (you'll never find one with the motor,but) first gen Lighting's.

how late model , ive heard 94 and later regular F150s but how do I make for sure , I know on the 92 5.0s with forged pistons you look for a gray oil pan , anything like this I can look for on say a 94-95 F150 without tearing it apart ....

The strongest 351w block is the 69-70, but any 351w block is still substanitally stronger than a 302/5.0 block. All 1994 to 1997 f-series trucks had roller blocks, I'm not sure about the e-series and bronco's tho. Anyways it's easy to convert to a roller block.

my289eatsrice said:
The strongest 351w block is the 69-70, but any 351w block is still substanitally stronger than a 302/5.0 block. All 1994 to 1997 f-series trucks had roller blocks, I'm not sure about the e-series and bronco's tho. Anyways it's easy to convert to a roller block.

the engine I found is actually a Bronco engine out of a 95 model ....its running and the salvage yard is asking $550 for it with 89K miles on it ....

2002BLGT said:
the engine I found is actually a Bronco engine out of a 95 model ....its running and the salvage yard is asking $550 for it with 89K miles on it ....
id almost guarantee its a roller. id get it. i just got one from a 96 with 140000 for 500. if you want to check if its a roller, take off the passenger side valve pan cover and take off one of the rockers and pull out the pushrod and with a small light lokk down in there to see if the is a lifter guide. if there is its a roller. i went with roller because it was just going to be easier. cam selection for instance.

To see if its a roller block is quite simple pull the distributor and check the gear it will have the same gear as a late model 87 and up 302 ho im pretty sure roller blocks use a bronze gear which has a gold tint to the metal.The 69-70 blocks where stronger because of the connecting rods they have ,They are described as football shaped rods and are much stronger then roller block rods. also the blocks produced out of mexico supposedly have a higher nickle content which makes them stronger by theory but hasnt really been proven.My 1984 van 351w has held up even after being beat to death running low 10s on nitrous and 2 T-o4b turbos still purrs.