351W Stroker

cheeks

Founding Member
Nov 30, 1999
I have a 69 351W block that i want to stroke to be able to run 10's N/A in the quarter mile while retaining driveability and durability...I am going with a carb setup and was wondering what parts would you use and what stroke would you go with??(assuming a well tuned suspension)...This motor will be going into my 89 LX Notchback...any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...thanx (I'm almost certain that i will be going with TFS R Series Heads if this helps)!

• Sponsors (?)

I run a 418 cubic inch windsor. Combo consists of a 69 block, eagle crank/rods, je pistons, probe girdle, 1/2 filled w/hardblock. TFS "R" heads, 11.25:1 compression, super victor intake, 1000cfm demon, 1 7/8 kooks to 3" x-pipe to a 3" mac cat back with full tailpipes. Cam is a custom grind, 252/[email protected], 110ls, .576/.576 lift w/1.6 rockers.
I've run the motor about 2k +/-. Havent run at the track yet, car is an animal on the street. I'm going to change to a rpm airgap this winter, I believe it will make the car more streetable, and pick up more bottom end torque without loosing much hp up top (5-10). It is durable and reliable, all parts are box stock and the motor runs on PUMP gas. Pics and dyno sheets here http://www.strokerpower.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=29&cat=500 #'s in sig.
mike.