4 10 gear might be causing heating problem...

I know i know just when you guys thought it was going to be another thread of 373 vs 410! haha its not!

97 cobra with 97k on it just bought it. Is it typical for the 4 10 gear to cause over heating. I swift gears with my old stangs at 2k rpm with a 373 or 355 gear. But usually i'm at 3k when i shift with the 4 10 cause it goes up so damn fast on regular driving.

Now is this a problem? Tomorrow i'm going to the shop to check for air bubbles, low coolant, therm.,and just lil misc. I was just wondering, cause really don't like when i see the cars heat gauge to go over 3/4s.

When i run the a/c the water gauge doesn't move! Just when i keep reving high.

BTW i hate this gear!

• Sponsors (?)

You're one of the first people I've heard say they hate that gear ratio with the 4.6. Those cams love some good RPM, and I think they are the second best modification I've done to my car. 3,000 isn't even into the sweet spot yet! I've never had an issue with my car running hotter after the gear install, just a massive loss of traction. I would suggest servicing your cooling system before making a gear change, unless you're planning on forced induction in the future.

Also, I've never seen my temperature gauge do a thing when I fire up the air conditioning. It's usually pretty stagnant right at the middle mark.

You're one of the first people I've heard say they hate that gear ratio with the 4.6. Those cams love some good RPM, and I think they are the second best modification I've done to my car. 3,000 isn't even into the sweet spot yet! I've never had an issue with my car running hotter after the gear install, just a massive loss of traction. I would suggest servicing your cooling system before making a gear change, unless you're planning on forced induction in the future.

Also, I've never seen my temperature gauge do a thing when I fire up the air conditioning. It's usually pretty stagnant right at the middle mark.

Lol yea I'm a 373 gear fan! =/ Alright kool just making sure. My 99 4v never had heating problems unless i was spraying it long. I'll just check out the cooling system tomorrow. hell it can even be a bad sensor who knows.

Not putting a turbo or blower on this stang. I'm gettin bored of blowing motors and head gaskets from to much boost. Ported intake, cams, and a 6speed<might keep the 410 if i get the 6speed in> :) and that is all!