4.10 install question

• Sponsors (?)

Can't remember if its here or the Corral but I think I've seen a detailed post on the drive gear change out in the tail shaft section.

Should not be too hard to find with a search.

Later
Grady

the speedcal WILL work!!!!! many people on here have ordered it, and still use it. Our speedos have machanivally driven gears connected to a sensor, which in turn spins the sensor and tells how fast the car is going. When you splice in the speedcal, it does the same thing that it does in the 96 up cars. The output gear can be changed by removing the extension housing on the tranny and changing the drive gear. it is the gear that turns the gear on the sensor. pretty straightforward, you can do it with the tranny in the car but it is easier to do it with the tranny out, also gives you a good chance to check the preload on the factory gearset, to see if it is within specs

jason

If it doesnt have to be exactly perfect but can be a few miles per hour off, just changing the main speedo gear to a red #23 is supposed to be the easiest way. I myself have an Abbott box which calibrates mine to the mile per hour.

the drive gears chew the teeth off when you use that 23 tooth b/c it is not a ford product, and they dont mesh well, you can call a tranny shop etc. and they will tell you the best way to do it without splicing wires etc. is with the drive gear being a 6 tooth. Go to hanlon motorsports, or steeda or D&D motorsports, on the web and look up some speedo charts you will see what i mean.

jason

if you change the drive gear to a 6 tooth, you won't need to change anything else therefore you leave the factory gear on the speedo sensor, and no mesh problems occur with the teeth of the gear

jason