4.10 not worth it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

THis is so flawed its not even funny anymore. If the 1/4 mile calculator on MD or any other site says i'll run a 13.4 with my mods does that mean i will? Hell no. I ran a 98 Cobra with just exhaust mods on the highway and from a low mph roll. He had 4.10's and let me tell you, he left me like turd in a toilet. I had no clue what happened until i pulled up next to him and he told me he had gears and exhaust. Honestly, why don't you just get some 2.07's then or something. Then the computer will tell you that you can hit 12's :shrug:

Stang2003GT said:
Only one thing keeps 4.10s on my future list of mods and thats the fact that it will pin you in your seat and thats all I realy care about. It really doesnt matter I cant afford 4.10 for atleast a years.

Every where I go they want 350 dollars to install gears and most places (even speed shops and ford dealers) seem to me to be very shady. Only person I trust is myself and I dont have the time or tools to install em.

350(Install)+185(Gears)+100(Install Kit)+30(RylPurp+Frictionmod) = $665

Not happing soon.

Forgot to add in speedcal another $100 so thats about $765

If I forget the Install kit and just get the gasket the it would probley be about 700 finished.

I guess 4.30s are the way to go.

Stang2003GT said:
It's physics and math and all that simulator is, is a big calculator. Its very accuarate infact some can do what I did on paper. Plus taking it to the track is expensive, im not going to waste $700 to find out. This simulator can tell me what I want to know before I try it. No waste of money. I now know gears are not the answer to cheap performance.
One day you will see the light young one.....one day. :nonono: A simulator is just that.....All the video games in the world won't replace real world testing. The sooner you figure that out, the sooner you'll stop getting beat by neons. :)

Stang2003GT said:

If I forget the Install kit and just get the gasket the it would probley be about 700 finished.

why would you get the gasket. the bearings,shims,crush sleeve, pinion seal and pinion nut is all you need.

the gasket is less than usless.

Stang2003GT said:

damn those places must be expensive where you are....

I got mine for $550 parts and install AND a warranty on the gears should they ever whine or break...they only warranty FRPP gears but let's not get into gear brand bashing here guys ok hehe

Sweet I made this thread 7 pages long!

Spreadman said:
My top speed increased with 4.10's.
:nono: JimJim says no
jimfitzgerald said:
Top speed is irrelvant. Street racing is illegal, dangerous, and stupid.

jimfitzgerald said:
All that matters is 1/4 mile ET.
You know some of us turn the wheel at tracks :nono:

svttech76 said:
blackfang i don't want to be disrespectful to another member but his sim is SO FLAWED that it can't be taken seriously
:lol:

TheDamned said:
3.73 > 4.10 then :shrug:
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.