4.10's highway mileage

Sorry I know its probably been asked a billion times before but for people who have 4.10's how badly did it affect your highway mileage? I really want to get 4.10's but I drive 40 miles a day on the highway so I dont want my mileage to go to absolute crap. Anybody with first hand experience want to enlighten me.

• Sponsors (?)

JohnyD05 said:
I don't even get closed to 360 mpg... what the hell am i doing wrong. Do you empty the whole 14.7 gallon tank? cause that would be just under 25 mpg which is about right.

I've gotten up to 27mpg with the old gears. remember your car came with 3.27 gears stock, and mine came with 2.73 gears. so you'll probably never get that kind of milage with your car.

yeah, i got 4.10s in mine, and id say i get around 250-275, depending on my mood during that tank. i like to drive fast tho. 85 mph and up. i think with the 3.27s i probally got around 320 or so, but that was with driveing straight to ohio, doing any where from 65-90. it was a 150 mile trip there and back, then went to work the next day, and had to fill up on the way home.

i do almost all express way drivin. and i kinda rethought my math too. i can drive back and fourth to work for 3 1/2 days. i dirve 29 miles. so well say i get right about 220 per tank. but, mind you, thats with cruisin up to 4,000 rpms, holdin it there for about a mile, then lettin off for a few miles doin 65, or so, then back up. i dont like my motor bein at a constant 3000rpms for 26 miles. but with the stock 3.27's i did get about 320 on the way to ohio.