4.10s in an AUTO?

Pizzaman

Aug 7, 2003
Hi guys,

Does anyone else have this setup? I have ordered the gears via the advice I received in the forums here and started to think a little more about the matchup. If i am not on it, will this thing be shifting at 3-5 mph? How would you suggest I approach this problem?

• Sponsors (?)

When I first transitioned to 4.10's It felt as if it was shifting through the gears very fast. It would be in 4th gear at 35. I got the xcal3 tuner and had it custom tuned shift points and it's good now!

I had them in my car for about 2 years and still would have them but was maxing them out at the track. They are a great gear and really woke the auto up.

The only thing I didn't like was highway driving with them (70+mph). The drone was bad and my RPMs were WAY up there. LOL

Hi guys,

Does anyone else have this setup? I have ordered the gears via the advice I received in the forums here and started to think a little more about the matchup. If i am not on it, will this thing be shifting at 3-5 mph? How would you suggest I approach this problem?

I originally bought 4.10s but quickly called and changed my order to 3.73s. I'm very happy with my all around performance. I can chirp 2nd with ease and burn thru 1st without an issue. I cruise at 80 on the highway and my RPMs are around 2,800.

I have 4.10s on my blown auto and they are perfect. I installed the blower first with the stock gearing and it was still slow off the line, the 4.10s made about as much difference as the blower itself.

Still wish it was 5 speed though.

Alright, so I guess it will be time to purchase the tuner as well. Being somewhat new to this idea, are they pretty easy to use? Are there limits on these tuners so that I cant totally screw up something causing serious damage?

Thanks for your replies, this really helps a ****load.

From all the years I have been on this forum, most people recommend the 4.10's for an N/A auto. You have made the right choice.

I went with the milder 3.73's b/c I lived in NY and felt it would make it easier for me to drive through snowstorms/ice. (Which I did many times.) If it was totally free, I'd go with the 4.10's right now.

From all the years I have been on this forum, most people recommend the 4.10's for an N/A auto. You have made the right choice...

They are awsome on centri cars too! :D

How do you not run out of gear at the track?

He would have to be trapping 120+mph which I don' think he is/would be, I just maxed mine out last year. I was actually getting ready to throw my 4.10s back in because I had a built auto put in but after seeing my car on the dyno I think I'm going to have my hands full with the 3.73. :eek: I should be trapping in the 13Xs this year and be into the 10s.

Easy, I dont go to the track :D Its strickly a pleasure vehicle, no real interest in drag racing it.

Do you cruise in Ft Wayne much on Saturdays? I should be at Hauls next Saturday with my new setup. :cool: you should stop by.

BTW Did you ever have Bob install those gears?

Yeah I cruise around every once in a while. I was screwing around last night since the wife was working.

Ill probably be out tonite since its supposed to be nice. If I see your car I will stop by and say hey. But yeah Bob installed the gears.