4.6 2v Bolt Ons

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed BBK 78 mm throttle body. I'm having issues with the Accelerator cable it only has 3/4 throttle. Is there a ix for this with out getting a cable.
Is the cable set up 100% correct? Nothing is possibly in the way? I have the 78mm throttle body on my 01 had no problems. Check the pedal make sure it goes all the way to the floor. No floor mats in the way or anything. I never had the problem sorry I couldn't help on this one good luck!
Nothing wrong with bbk like all products and companies you have people that swear against them and some that praise them. I've had multiple bbk products and I was very satisfied with them only reason I'm not using them is because they will be my restriction point so I need bigger and they don't offer it.

All companies have ups and downs. I'm just not a fan of BBK because I think the cons outweigh the pros. But a product in particular by BBK is the long tube headers. Nothing wrong with those. But with their UDP's and cold air, and throttle body's they're bottom tier in my opinion.

I have owned patriot heads. Never again. Either have your set ported by a good local vendor or look at MHS or other vendors. For the money I'd just buy trick flows and be done with it. (This comes from a guy who just tossed a set of ported heads due to a cracked lash adjuster galley).

Have any used heads you purchase checked out by a reputable head shop. Preferably someone who knows mod motor heads well.

Reactions: 1 user
I have owned patriot heads. Never again. Either have your set ported by a good local vendor or look at MHS or other vendors. For the money I'd just buy trick flows and be done with it. (This comes from a guy who just tossed a set of ported heads due to a cracked lash adjuster galley).

Have any used heads you purchase checked out by a reputable head shop. Preferably someone who knows mod motor heads well.
Thanks for the great information