4.6 build in progress

bonestock87

Founding Member
Dec 19, 2001
Cape Coral, FL
Just wanted to share what I'm working on. This is going in a fox body, but hopefully as I progress something I post will help someone else. I'll also be needing help I'm very sure!

This is a 90k mile 2002 Romeo engine out of a police interceptor. Driver's side head dropped a valve and punched a hole in the #7 piston. I'm replacing the piston only and not pulling the crank. Due to what I found in the oil pan, I'll probably replace the oil pump and pickup tube as well. I'll need a driver's side PI head, which I think will come out of the FRPP catalog. I'm assuming the cams are all the same in all PI heads. Check out the oil cooler, I think I'll keep that. I've already picked up some GT engine mounts, a 5-speed wiring harness, GT exhaust manifolds, GT power steering pump and some COPS. I'm still on the fence about going fuel injection or using Edelbrock's carb setup. I have an old cracked non PI intake with the injectors still in it. I'm just trying to figure which way will be least expensive. My goal with this car is just a unique Saturday night cruiser, occasional nice day driver. Enjoy!

View attachment 238170
View attachment 238171

I think I'll keep this oil cooler setup!
View attachment 238172

What could have caused this?...
View attachment 238173

And the winner is.....valve locks in the oil pan.
View attachment 238174

• Sponsors (?)

Here's the bottom end. Am I crazy for not pulling the rest of the rods/pistons/crank and replacing rings/bearings? I just figure I don't need the hassle if I can help it.
30utydu.jpg

2z657xw.jpg