4.6L 2v Bolt-On Record?

what is the record for a 2v bolton car right now? a buddy of mine is thinking of buying a 2v car just to go for this record.. he did it in 2 diffrent f-bodys'... its Russ Ethridge who drove da Green Bean, bolt-on LT1 car, a few years back... he also piloted Shon Herron's LT1 camaro as well... both were in the 11's with stock heads, cam and bottom end...

so what is the record for our cars... low 12's?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think anyone keeps track of such a record since it wouldn't be very impressive...definately not gonna be in the 11's.

What is considered just bolt ons? Would a complete race suspension still be considered just bolt ons?
Im guessing anything that doesnt involve taking the valve covers off...so a full suspension and built rear/tranny work but idk the point of doing this to a weak 2v motor.

High 12's are possible on spray with cai/intake/exhaust/slicks and full suspension

Or you can just slap on a blower on a 2v and watch it see 12's for half the cost of the other crap.

actually you could probably get it pretty fast. what you gotta realise is that stock bottom end, heads and cams can mean alot of things.

in the LS1 Cam only competition these guys were using LS6 heads and ported intakes blah blah blah.

see just because the heads you have are ported doesnt mean they arent a stock casting, which is what they refer to when saying stock heads.

with all that said, you can run an explorer block with ported heads and an svo intake. stripped down, with the proper suspension the car could suprise alot of people.

Good luck! :nice:

You dont need nitrous to get into the 12's with these cars. Gears, intake/exhaust, a tune would help... sticky tires and either a little suspension work, or a car that isnt lowered much should do it... with the driver mod of course.

I thought the N/A record was in the 11's for our cars. Gears, weight redux, suspention, ect. I think the guy has cams and ported heads now. Any how, go poke around on MD for more info. The guy used to have alot of the info posted on the home page. Can't remember his name right now.

You dont need nitrous to get into the 12's with these cars. Gears, intake/exhaust, a tune would help... sticky tires and either a little suspension work, or a car that isnt lowered much should do it... with the driver mod of course.

True. Do full exhaust, a few intake mods, gears, sticky tires and possibly a better suspension setup and its 12's.

I might put it to the test.
3.73's
LT's
X-Pipe
Catback
Plenum
75mm TB
JLT RAI
LCA's
Adj Shocks/Struts
VT Stage 1 cams
MGW Short Throw
Nitrous Express 100 wet shot
Tune
Welds/DR's

11's are do-able with this

Well bolton would mean anything no involving the engine internals. SO stock heads/shotblock/cams and NO nitrous or FI.

You can put a fully PP bullitt intake manifold, TB, pulleys, exhaust, gears, built rear, clutch, flywheel, aluminum drive shaft, weight reduction and slicks

Bringing the weight donw to 2700#s empty, with around 275RWHP...what you could probably get MAX...I see it dipping into the 11s @ 112 or so. Im sure that would be a record....becuase iv RARLY seen bolton GTs even go high 12s.

BUT the absolute record for a N/A 2V is around a 10.80 in the 1/4. But thats fulley decked with about 350RWHP N/A. I think 400RWHP is possable N/A 2V, and with a 2700# weight....hello new record.

Well bolton would mean anything no involving the engine internals. SO stock heads/shotblock/cams and NO nitrous or FI.

You can put a fully PP bullitt intake manifold, TB, pulleys, exhaust, gears, built rear, clutch, flywheel, aluminum drive shaft, weight reduction and slicks

Bringing the weight donw to 2700#s empty, with around 275RWHP...what you could probably get MAX...I see it dipping into the 11s @ 112 or so. Im sure that would be a record....becuase iv RARLY seen bolton GTs even go high 12s.

BUT the absolute record for a N/A 2V is around a 10.80 in the 1/4. But thats fulley decked with about 350RWHP N/A. I think 400RWHP is possable N/A 2V, and with a 2700# weight....hello new record.

Hey Cody, did you do your cams yourself as well? I plan on getting them at the end of the summer but have no one to help me install :nice: A few shops are asking about 350, which is reasonable but if i do it myself with a little bit of "help" :nice: i can spend the 350 towards a tune from Tim instead :nice:

Me and my dad did :D . Its been a while, but it quite honestly it isnt hard at all. I just need to relook at my thread and everything will come right back and I should be able to guide you through it :nice: .
You WILL need 2 people...1 person needs to hold the cam gear up.

Basically just find TDC on #1 cyclinder (pass side first piston) on the compression stroke...its marked on the ballencer where TDC is. Then its just a matter of taking off the valve covers, and then holding the cam gears, removing the cam gear bolts (ONE AT A TIME), and then removing the 2 brakets that hold the cam in place (also one side at a time). Pull the cam out and slide the new one in and throgh the cam gear and then bolt it down and put the cam gear bolt back on.
Its really that simple lol. Its just time consuming....the valve covers are a PAIN to take off :notnice:

Just PM me when you get ready to do them and ill give you my cell # or answer any questions you have on the install. :flag: Im generally off work every sunday-tuesday and every other WED.

Me and my dad did :D . Its been a while, but it quite honestly it isnt hard at all. I just need to relook at my thread and everything will come right back and I should be able to guide you through it :nice: .
You WILL need 2 people...1 person needs to hold the cam gear up.

Basically just find TDC on #1 cyclinder (pass side first piston) on the compression stroke...its marked on the ballencer where TDC is. Then its just a matter of taking off the valve covers, and then holding the cam gears, removing the cam gear bolts (ONE AT A TIME), and then removing the 2 brakets that hold the cam in place (also one side at a time). Pull the cam out and slide the new one in and throgh the cam gear and then bolt it down and put the cam gear bolt back on.
Its really that simple lol. Its just time consuming....the valve covers are a PAIN to take off :notnice:

Just PM me when you get ready to do them and ill give you my cell # or answer any questions you have on the install. :flag: Im generally off work every sunday-tuesday and every other WED.

Cool, thanks for the info *PLANS TRIP TO BASTROP ON A MONDAY* :D

what ever happend to Ruckus' car?

havent seen him post on here in such a long time. If i recall correctly, he managed to get some amazing times with his full bolt on gt along with tons of other mods. But i do believe he had vt stage 2 cams towards the later period of time he was posting on here.

Umm, I'm sure you can get the car in 10's N/A if money is no object....Check these mods and see what you think. I didn't include weight saving stuff because I figured it would be automatic. I also didn't figure in things like carbon fiber hoods, brakes, etc.

TOTAL (parts only, not installed): $16,421.80

MPH Longblock
MPH Stage 3 race heads
VT custom cam
L/T Headers
X-pipe or H-pipe
Catback
Fuel rails
Injectors
Plenum w/ 75mm TB
JLT CAI
Reichard Racing 2 valve intake