4 eye pictures wanted

All,

I want to change the color of my 86 vert. It is currently white/grey two tone.

What I would like to see are pictures of different 4 eye cars that are all a single color. I am hoping that the trim that goes around the bumpers and doors are all the same color as well. It would be even better if the headlight area was also the same color.

I would love to make a choice of color based on how it currently looks on a 4 eye fox.

I like dark colors and I have been seriously considering Black. (has a black top and I am changing to black interior) The only downside is that my neighbor also has black (not a vert).

So a couple questions/opinions:

1. Do you think it matters about the neighbor and I having the same color? (I don't want a twins effect)
2. Do you think the trim should be painted that grey color that it is on almost every car I see?
3. Are there any side effects to having the headlight sections not a dark color if I choose to go with a lighter color? IE causes poor visibilty due to reflection at night and stuff like that.

The color swap won't happen for a while, but I would like to get some opinions so I know what to plan for and get an idea of how much paint will cost.

Thanks,

Keith

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the update on those. There are some pretty cool pics in there. How about some opinions on the colors though? What are your thoughts on going black having stated what I have about the neighbor having a black one as well. How about the painting of the headlight area and the trim that goes around the doors and bumpers. Typically it is that dark grey color.

Thanks

Dudes, Keith is my neighbor. When he says he has a neighbor that has a black car, he's talking about my '86, haha.

Keith, I don't think you have to worry about painting the headlight buckets a light color. They really have no function, it's not going to mess with your light beam pattern.

And in the words of Henry Ford (with my little twist): You can have it any color, so long as it's (not) black. :D

Mystichrome= :puke: It's nothing but a high maintenance purple. I can never understand why people get so excited about that color.
Cause it looks bad-ass in the light. I mean c'mon look at it:drool:
mystich.jpg

Attachments

• mystich.jpg
    mystich.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 144
I would cut every one of you turd burglar's heads off for a mystichrome cobra. Would I paint my fox that color? Eh, no. As for black... I have a black FX4 pick up complete with black leather, 20" alloys, blahblah and I love it! It looks great for 10 minutes after I wash it, then it's dirty again. It shows every little scratch and blemish, I'll never buy another black car/truck.

Color is nice, my next one wil be blue..or red. Maybe green..

The trim is chrome, but its all one color...

photobucket-10528-1319395979728.jpg

photobucket-13728-1318113804212.jpg

photobucket-14497-1318113805114.jpg

Attachments

• photobucket-10528-1319395979728.jpg
    photobucket-10528-1319395979728.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 176
  • photobucket-13728-1318113804212.jpg
    photobucket-13728-1318113804212.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 156
  • photobucket-14497-1318113805114.jpg
    photobucket-14497-1318113805114.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 183
Two tone black and mystichrome...:stick:

Seriously, what about blue? There's a lot of gorgeous blue four eyes out there. My favorite dark color.

It's pretty similar to Sublime until you get them side by side. Mine is a Lexus color called Desert Sage Metallic. In some lights it's almost a darker green color, and in other lights it's an olive gray color.

Also, as far as 4 eyes go, i know you said you'd like the headlights to be the same color but IMO blacking out the lights and window trim and sail panels are what make a 4 eye look awesome. Here's a pic of mine before the grill was done, and it just didn't look nearly as good. The grill and window trim make this color work. I can't wait to get the windows tinted.

2011-05-23075702.jpg

Here's a good before and after...it really gives the front end an aggressive look.

2011-05-23080029.jpg

DSC00381.jpg