40,000 mile maintenance

FalconGuy016

Oct 26, 2004
Northern VA
I wouldn't normally post a thread like this :p but from what I could tell from my time here on SN there are very opinionated people on this matter. I think anyways.

I passed the 40k mark. Actually, I'm at 44k so I'm late :O!! What kind of preventative maintenance should I embark on? I was motivated because my car is finally getting repaired from a rear ending and I figured might as well get it running as well as I could at the same time.

THANKS!

Edit: Oh, I think I'm losing power. I think I'm just getting used to it being slower and I can't really tell. It might not, but I have this feeling that it is. My engine mods are SCT Xcal 93 octane tune (I have been suspect of this tune for a while), Accufab 70mm Tb/Pl, Demolet fender CAI. The tune I got maybe around the 7000 mile mark and the timing was a little aggresive then. Instead of actually fixing the problem... I actually drove around the problem. I learned how to not detonate, which is typically just in 5th with low rpm under load. I'm wondering if this was a mistake and I have been slowing damaging my engine.

• Sponsors (?)