4cyl Swap Questions (Gas Pedal and Brake Lines)

UpRise_5.0

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2002
Canada
Hey,

I might be buying a 1992 4cyl that had some of the v8 swap stuff started.

(Supposedly it was even running with a v8, and then engine,tranny,etc.. was pulled because were going to build a race engine)

Anyways my friend bought it from the guy, now I might buy from him since he can't to do the swap.

He's not sure if they did the brake lines or gas pedal for the swap.

So I was just wondering...

Would the gas pedal had to have been swapped to have run a 5.0 engine in it?

How can I tell if there is a v8 pedal in it?

How can I tell if the brake lines were swapped also?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

The pedal assembly does not have to be swapped. Only the throttle cable would have to be if its there. The V8 cable is longer than the 4cyl, if there was a V8 in it should be the correct one.

If it has cruse controll and you want it to work you would have to switch out the cruse assembly under the drivers fender by the firewall. (if it hasnt been done already)

The gas lines would be on the passanger side and come up under the middle of fender of the car for a V8, if they were the ones for the 4cyl they would be coming up under the tranny hump and into the engine bay on the drivers side by the firewall and wouldnt be able to connect to a V8 engine (unless they used braided lines and extended them).

The break lines going to the front wheels dont have to be changed. If it still has the 7.5 rear end the break lines would have to be moved out of the way so they dont touch the muffler. If it has an 8.8 they should have changed the lines out because the lines connect in different places between the two rear ends.