5.0 EFI Swap Need Help

ar1424

Jul 19, 2004
:bang: I just completed my 1965 Stang to EFI swap. Everything went well except one thing. IT WILL NOT START WITH THE TIMING SPOUT CONNECTED.
When I pulled out the timing spout works and idle great and is set to base timing 10 BTDC.

Everything seems to be working, I even bought a code scanner all I have in scanner is "111" system pass on KOEO.

I have double check all wiring connection, continuity, and grounds.

Any inputs is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

ar1424 said:
:bang: I just completed my 1965 Stang to EFI swap. Everything went well except one thing. IT WILL NOT START WITH THE TIMING SPOUT CONNECTED.
When I pulled out the timing spout works and idle great and is set to base timing 10 BTDC.

Everything seems to be working, I even bought a code scanner all I have in scanner is "111" system pass on KOEO.

I have double check all wiring connection, continuity, and grounds.

Any inputs is appreciated.

What are the symptoms? Do you have spark with the SPOUT in? Do you have fuel at the injectors with the SPOUT in? Is the timing OK when you crank it with the SPOUT in

jrichker said:
What are the symptoms? Do you have spark with the SPOUT in? Do you have fuel at the injectors with the SPOUT in? Is the timing OK when you crank it with the SPOUT in

I have put new TFI trying starting the car with the SPOUT in still wont start. Checked the spark using the timing light from the coil wire and only spark once in maybe 5 rotation.

What else I need to check.....HELP... :bang:

Fastcat said:
Did you use the 91 T-bird computer? If not what computer, and that MAY be your problem

I got the whole EFI system from one car 1991 T-Bird including the computer, sensors, and so on...

The car runs good with out the SPOUT in. I drove it arround the block seems to be working fine.