5.0 heads

1Slow5oh

Mar 24, 2004
Bartonville, IL
I have a set of E5AE heads off my 85 mustang with 1.74int. and 1.50ex valves. i was wondering if these would be a better setup than the stock heads out of my 90 mustang i belive are E7TE?? if im not mistaken the valves out of theses are 1.60int. and 1.50ex??? any imput would be helpful.... also the 85 motor had an aftermarket cam that had markings F14 i am sure this is not a factory ford cam beings the markings would begin with E---- so can anybody clear this up any...

• Sponsors (?)

I am just correcting myself on the cam i meant to say K14...... those heads i have wouldent be good i am sure that they would be bigger than the ones in my car now(e7's) do you think somebody installed bigger valves in the heads i am not firmilliar with them at all so i couldent tell.

Hey 25th. What all was required to install those 1.84's in those E7's???

Size is dictated by port size. Bore/port the intake ports larger on the heads, you gain intake volume as well - larger or different valves are usually needed when you do this also. Sorry if I didn't type it right, hard to explain it but so well.

1Slow5oh said:
I am just correcting myself on the cam i meant to say K14...... those heads i have wouldent be good i am sure that they would be bigger than the ones in my car now(e7's) do you think somebody installed bigger valves in the heads i am not firmilliar with them at all so i couldent tell.

Hey 25th. What all was required to install those 1.84's in those E7's???

I had them cerdi cut...