5.0 Intake swap, Need some experience

StangAlang0811

Apr 24, 2009
I have a 89 5.0. I am doing away with the old stock intake setup... My question is will I run into any problems once completed after installing these parts I'm about to list. Will I need anything else to keep from having an issue with the car running well... I am going to the Edelbrock RPMII intake, 70mm throttle body, C&L 76mm mass air with the tube calibrated for 24# injectors, Ford Racing 24# injectors, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator... I already have a Holley 190lph fuel pump and full exhaust work. For now Im going to use the stock heads, Im just lookin to pick up a little more power with doing the intake and all that goes with it... Will I need anything else or should I be able to add all these parts without it being too much fuel or too much air?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 89 5.0. I am doing away with the old stock intake setup... My question is will I run into any problems once completed after installing these parts I'm about to list. Will I need anything else to keep from having an issue with the car running well... I am going to the Edelbrock RPMII intake, 70mm throttle body, C&L 76mm mass air with the tube calibrated for 24# injectors, Ford Racing 24# injectors, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator... I already have a Holley 190lph fuel pump and full exhaust work. For now Im going to use the stock heads, Im just lookin to pick up a little more power with doing the intake and all that goes with it... Will I need anything else or should I be able to add all these parts without it being too much fuel or too much air?

I think you might be wasting your time and money w/ the injectors, stock 19 lb.ers are good for over 300 HP and you're still quite a ways away with your setup from the sounds of it . . . unless of course you have much bigger upgrades in the near future. To reap the full benefits of your upgrades, you gotta balance both sides of the equation, but you probably already know that . . . everything works together, you'd almost be better off waiting like I am and doing a full heads, cam, and intake swap all at once (though in my case my head "upgrade" is to very mildly ported E7s -- still better than whats on my non-HO 302). I'm not sure, but you may need a tune to really see the benefits of bigger injectors etc., one reason why I'm upgrading only to 19 lb.ers in my car (like I said they're good for over 300 HP, my car has 14 lb.ers in it now) as you aren't going to max out the stock injectors until you do a h/c/i swap, put a blower on, or put nitrous on (I think . . . don't know too much about N02).