5 lug conversion....96 cobra to 93 GT

ridethe93GT

Jul 1, 2005
can somebody help me w/ some directions to go by w/ doing this....my buddy just got a wrecked cobra (the rear in and front brakes and all are still good) and a 98 gt to put the cobra motor it...he told me i could get the 5 lugs of the cobra for my car. how do i do it??

• Sponsors (?)

You could take the entire rear assembly if it is not bent and use it on your car, I would however avoid using the front spindles as they are wider than the 94/95s.

but i read somewhere that you have to make up bushings to take out the slack in something in the front end if you do that...and you may have rubbage problems....i dont see y i cant just get knew hubs for the frontend

ridethe93GT said:
but i read somewhere that you have to make up bushings to take out the slack in something in the front end if you do that...and you may have rubbage problems....i dont see y i cant just get knew hubs for the frontend
I would definately stick to 94/95 spindles as even though 96-98s are 8mm wider vehicles still get rub with them and if your front is lowered at all it will rub with those.

You are talking about the spacers for the ball joint. You will need that for all the 94-04 spindles if you keep the Fox ball joint that is on your car right now. You can swap to the ball joint from the 96, BUT don't swap the whole lower A arm as it is longer than the Fox, just swap the ball joint. The 94-95 will keep the front tires in the same place as the 87-93 spindles.

Read Matt's website, he covers just about everything.........