67 Wheel Stud Knurl

jabb

Dec 14, 2007
Hi all. I'm getting the parts ready to finally install my Mustang Steve disc brake swap and have hit a snag with finding new studs. I've measured the studs that were pressed out of my drums and got a diameter of 5/8ths (.625) for the knurled part and 39/64ths (.609) for the smooth part of the shoulder. I found studs on summit with about 6 knurl diameters ranging from .610 to .625" I'm assuming that .625 is the one I need, but want to make sure. Also, can anyone suggest a place to buy some that's not $70?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Why are you changing wheel studs?
Did the original ones not fit the new rotor?
Also, almost every auto parts house should have wheel studs, I would think they aren't more than a couple of bucks each...

The shoulder on drum brake studs won't allow the discs to sit tightly against the hub assembly. Besides I'd rather not trust press on studs to seat tightly after being pressed on the second time.

It may easier then to turn the inside of the rotors enough to clear, or perhaps you can use a grinder to remove enough material.

The studs press in from behind, the lug nuts keep tension on them, they aren't going to fall out or anything...