$700 to spend.. what mods to get?!

No this is not my chirstmas money.. it is the money from the mental and physical strength combination that I've used to earn it, otherwise known as.. work.

Anyhow, now that I got my 2 mods done (steeda tri-ax, LT/xpipe/magnapack) I now have $700 to spend! yippeee!

The mod that I've been considering is the 4.10 gears.. i would have to spend 150 for it + 200 install and + 100 for speedcal total of 450+

If I were to save that for later.. what would you do with the $700 instead?

I'm considering some apprearance mod like:

Mach 1 grille delete (50)
sequential tail light (80)
light bar :eek: ($500)

or peharps I could do my suspension

Eibach Pro-kit + tokico 5 way illumnas ($700ish)

Peharps some pulley and T/A

any suggestion?

• Sponsors (?)

CottonBurnerz said:
No this is not my chirstmas money.. it is the money from the mental and physical strength combination that I've used to earn it, otherwise known as.. work.

Anyhow, now that I got my 2 mods done (steeda tri-ax, LT/xpipe/magnapack) I now have $700 to spend! yippeee!

The mod that I've been considering is the 4.10 gears.. i would have to spend 150 for it + 200 install and + 100 for speedcal total of 450+

If I were to save that for later.. what would you do with the $700 instead?

I'm considering some apprearance mod like:

Mach 1 grille delete (50)
sequential tail light (80)
light bar :eek: ($500)

or peharps I could do my suspension

Eibach Pro-kit + tokico 5 way illumnas ($700ish)

Peharps some pulley and T/A

any suggestion?

4.10s are a great mod. you will definitly notice a sotp difference and the $475+ is totally worth it!
on the other hand, if you want some hp, i would say t/a, pullies, a good tune, and some Nittos OR a t/a, pullies, a good tune, and some springs. all this is assuming you do the installs yourself

personally, i shy away from look mods only b/c i would rather have a fast sleeper than an all-show-no-go stang (i throw this phrase around lightly since 260+ hp is hardly "no-go").

all this is assuming your vert is 99+. if it is a 96-98, then scratch all that and get a headswap (heard it works wonders)

oopsie my sig didn't show.. it's an 03 gt

and yes i'm installing the suspension myself.. being able to install the LT headers by myself makes everything else look easy to do..

I don't want to tune the car yet b/c of the warranty stuff.. the car is barely 7 months old

and for the Nitto tires.. how long do they usually last? should I run different tires at the front and rear?

The car is running kinda rich with white smoke and all.. I can't really tell because of the cold weather and all. Anyhow, will reflashing computer void warranty? So I won't need a speedcal if I get reflash correct? And lastly, where can I reflash the computer? (reflash is not another word for tuning or chip right?)

Holy crap Denton is my home town. Going up there tomorrow for the 3 day weekend !

I was gonna say get LT's, and O/R X, but you got that covered -
I'd do gears, but if you really plan to go s/c eventually get 373's. They're better for daily driving. I was always told 4.10's are more for Cobras due to their 7K redline too. I'd definately put springs, and shocks / struts also on your to-do list if you don't this time.
You may need to get a custom tune (maybe Irving) b/c of your LT's. I tuned mine immediately after my LT install b/c of some tune horror stories I heard of after LT installs. Maybe a nice hood, or new rims only www.performancewheeloutlet.com using current tires :shrug:
Nevermind on rims I saw in your website you have chrome Cobra's already. :
'O an you needs 'em springs fo show - :p

Little out of your price range for now but your stang + lightbar, chin spoiler, grill delete, springs = :drool:

gears, pulleys and timing adjuster...I think will get you the best bang for your buck...

headswap will be much more than 700...

light bar...ehhh...not a big fan..

shocks/springs are nice..but there are other things that come first..