70mm or 75mm Throttle bodie

Modular_pony

Oct 13, 2007
Ight im on the quest to find horse power....My teachers hate me when i tell them thats what im going to do with my life. But i needs some opinions on this TB question. Will i get more horsepower in my 96 gt with the 70mm tb since my 281 is n/A and not a massive stroked beast( I wish though). The way i think of it since i do not have forced induction id have a faster intake air speed with 70mm tb than the 75. I dont kno if im correct or not...guess thats y im here lol. Any help on my quest it greatly appriciated.:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

holly cow, I see a ton of people using big TB's. Back in the day, when we started the headswaps in 2000 and with blowers, nobody even thought of using a 70 until at least 350rwhp. What has changed? I see the mod and the plenum in a lot of peoples sigs.

holly cow, I see a ton of people using big TB's. Back in the day, when we started the headswaps in 2000 and with blowers, nobody even thought of using a 70 until at least 350rwhp. What has changed? I see the mod and the plenum in a lot of peoples sigs.

They are cheap, easy to install, and they claim to give you masive gains. Too bad you need a LOT more done to make it work. I plan on getting one, but only when I have a few other things done first. Oh, and it makes you signature longer! :rlaugh:

They are cheap, easy to install, and they claim to give you masive gains. Too bad you need a LOT more done to make it work. I plan on getting one, but only when I have a few other things done first. Oh, and it makes you signature longer! :rlaugh:

+1 it makes my signature longer :D J/K. I noticed an increase in throttle response with mine. I do plan on getting a power adder down the road so I figure I would just build my car up little by little. Every part helps and it’s not like they are expensive. It’s kind of funny, I hear people saying oh it’s a waste to get a throttle body and plenum or it’s a waste to get under drive pulleys and it’s a waste to get a cold air intake. Heck what else is there to bolt on if all those parts are a waste. They all add up even if each mod is only 5-10 hp. So I say just go a head and mod.

I never told anyone not to do it, I just meant that people should not expect massive increases from it. Like I said, I plan on getting one. It is just a piece in the puzzle to more horsepower, not the whole enchilada (mmm I love mexican food) that some think it is.

It’s kind of funny, I hear people saying oh it’s a waste to get a throttle body and plenum or it’s a waste to get under drive pulleys and it’s a waste to get a cold air intake. Heck what else is there to bolt on if all those parts are a waste. They all add up even if each mod is only 5-10 hp. So I say just go a head and mod.
+1

Sometimes just the act of researching it, shopping for it, waiting for UPS/FedEx to deliver it, and installing, and knowing you have it is where it's at. Many of us who have daily drivers and seldom see the track do it for the fun of it and not necessarily to squeeze out that extra 0.01 sec on the track. There's not enough room at the track for all of use to be die hard drag racers. Some of us are simple hobbyists.

Either one will flow PLENTY.

The reason people 'feel' throttle response, is as the blade gets larger, it takes less pedal push, to allow the same amount of air in.

In turn, it just gives you a touchier pedal.

To bad, the net effect is still the same at wide open throttle.

yea i noticed a slight increase in throttle response with mine.

but like stated man save up and get ur PI stuff first cause that throttle body which ever u go with u will probably not get any more than like 2hp lol.

but ive seen dynos of 75mm compared to the 70s and they dyno about the same unless u are FI then teh 75 does better.