73mm C&L tubes sizes??

i have 2 tubes the one that was with the car when i bought it. It idled andran fine then with 24 lb injecter and then i bought a tube for 30 lb but there i now colors left on either one?? Does someone with a known 24 or 30 tube give me there measurement size on the flat end. Mine is 1/2" and 9/16" but are these the correct measurements for the 30lb which is in the car now??

• Sponsors (?)

I can post you up the measurements tomorrow when I get back into town. I have a 30# C&L tube in my 76mm housing on my car. I should be able to let you know what size it is sometime tomorrow afternoon or early evening if that will help.

C&L sample tubes should be color coded @ end of tube. For a 73MM using 24Lb injectors w/ filter attached to air meter should be orange. Whith stock air box or cold air kit it should be brown. With 30Lb injectors a green tube is used.

I have a sample tube on my 73MM that is supposed to be for a 24Lb injector, but it has no color code at all. I purchased this tube thru Texas Mustang Parts. According to C&L all of their tubes are color coded and I was sold a "bootleg" tube for a C&L meter, so I probably have been using the wrong tube for several years now. But I do have the correct tube coming to me from C&L.

If yours are not color coded either, you may have a bootleg tube in your air meter also.