73mm maf

-=Red5.0GT=-

Feb 1, 2004
if i were to get a 73mm c&l maf (just the metal piece) would i be able to plug my stock sensor into it or would i need to buy a maf with the sensor already on it and calibrated. (keeping in mind all the internals, heads, manifold and injectors are stock)

• Sponsors (?)

There is a calibration tube that is inside the mass air meter. That has to be calibrated to the injector size that you are using. If you call C&L they will ask you what injectors you have. If your car is stock they are 19# and if they are modified I would assume you would know.

But as a quick question why wouldn't you buy the 76mm kit with the elbow that you want anyway. Even on my mostly stock mustang at the time it made a nice difference with stock T/B and all. I found mine for $180 on a group purchase deal and I'm sure if you look enough you can come close to that price.

-=Red5.0GT=- said:
if i were to get a 73mm c&l maf (just the metal piece) would i be able to plug my stock sensor into it or would i need to buy a maf with the sensor already on it and calibrated. (keeping in mind all the internals, heads, manifold and injectors are stock)

all you need to do is take the stock electronics off the stock MAF and put it on the C&L and plug it back in.

-=Red5.0GT=- said:

I've run both C&L 73mm and 76mm MAFs with no problems on an SN95 whose computers are notoriously bad with mods. I think you'll be fine if you get the proper sample tube for your car and injectors.

This past weekend a buddy of mine got an S trim and ditched his 75mm Pro-M in favor of something larger. I had the C&L 73mm in and swapped his Pro-M in. Seems like the car is a little more ballsy than before. The idle surges like a mutha now though. I'm going to take it to the track and get whomped on by the S trim. I'll post if my times improved at all with the Pro-M over the C&L.