Wheels-Tires 88 Fox coupe tires

Whitehorse88

Apr 3, 2018
Pretty sure I’m beating a dead horse(no pun). What is the widest tire you can run on the BACK of a Fox with the quads removed and after market control arms. Car is for street only and I want to run full exhaust. I don’t want to use dumps so that’s out. I feel a street fox needs those beautiful polished tips in the back. My fenders are rolled already(professionally). I currently have 245’s out there but would like to see more meat. My current set up with flow master exhaust is really close. To the point, my tires hit the exhaust on left turns. Can you still run a bigger tire with full exhaust? What mods to the exhaust? Does the exhaust need to be full custom if I want bigger tires?

• Sponsors (?)

Widest tire will all depend on wheel specs, and what brake offset you are running out back. Those are really the biggest criteria that will determine how big of a tire you can run. For example, on my '88 I run 255's out back, without rolled fender lips and have a mile of clearance to my flowmaster cat-back so I can go wider still. But without the context of wheel specs/brake offset, it doesn't give you the entire picture.