88 gt motor

• Sponsors (?)

The motor is carbureted and it would have to be converted to efi to work in my car. Grandad also said that i'd have to have new springs in the front because mine is a 4 cyl car, while 87foxstang says they'll be fine. no offense fox but he's been building stangs for 30+ years and unless i get testimonies from several people saying otherwise i'm just going to look for a mustang with a blown 302 to put this motor in.

building cars for 30+ years doesn't mean that he's familar with the specifics of building a fox mustang, and what will or won't work.

the front springs from your 4 banger will indeed work. what you'll wind up with is a very soft riding suspension up front, but it will work just fine. In fact, the 4 banger springs are the most common swap to put INTO a v8 mustang for drag racing, as the 4 banger springs will allow the front end to pull up more, thus transfering weight to the rear for added traction.

as for that engine, there is no "converting" it to efi. All you have to do is yank off that carb'd intake and carb, and bolt on the efi intake manifold, and your done...that's all the converting that needs to be done (on the engine itself) You'll still need the wiring harness for the car of course.