89 GT interior rear quarter panels...

MustangGT01

Founding Member
Mar 16, 2001
Unemployment, Ohio
I'm wondering if anyone here has any interior repair experience here concerning the rear interior quarter panels on the convertible? It has some type of vinyle material coving it. I need to fix both sides on my vert when it comes back from the shop and was wondering if anyone knew what material I would need to look at getting and how to recover the panels? I'm working on changing the color of the interior also to black. I plan on replacing the carpet, seat covers, possibly the door panels, and painting or dyeing the rest. Any experience in this area guys?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah the shop where you get your seats done can use the same material to cover the panels, I have not found anywhere that sells a kit for them but a guy her in Atlanta just had his done and he is very happy with it. I have not seen it yet though. Should be pretty simple for a shop to do. Either cover in high quaility vinyl( thats whats on it) or leather to match the seats.

Sounds good. I'll check with the local body guy and see what he can come up with. I was hoping on doing the interior work myself with my wife. She's a no sewing fool and we were going to do something a little more custom to see if we could get a different look than everyone else.