91gt Starts Then Dies. Please Help!!!

ddrew01

Nov 26, 2016
20170415_144708.jpg
20170415_144724.jpg
20170415_144708.jpg 20170415_144724.jpg 20170415_144739.jpg 20170415_144744.jpg 20170415_144747.jpg

Hey all. So i have a 1991 foxbody and i have been having some problems lately. It has been idling very rough and surging between 500-1500 rpms. Sometimes it will start and then die right away. I have tried cleaning the MAF sensor, replacing the IAC, adjusting the TPS, i just gave it a tune up and replaced the spark plugs, wires etc. still nothing. The only thing left i could think of was a vacuum leak. I have seen that alot and checked and found nothing... untill today. I was looking under the hood and came across a couple broken hoses. It was a harness type of thing. One hose was going to the EGR valve, another to the back of the engine, and 2 more. I attached some pictures for reference. If anyone could tell me what this part is called and where i could get one that would be amazing. Thank you in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

@ddrew01
veryuseful.com

There is a better answer...

[You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 200,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

veryuseful.com
That page has drawings (schematic) of the vacume lines for your thermactor, heat/ac/defrost, purge canister pcv and anything else you need to fix those lines, you may have stuff missing that needs to be addressed, after sorting out that stuff then you can do the surging idle checklist, then drive it around for an hour or so at various speeds and driving conditions then run the codes, jrichker and others have put together these checklists that can show you how to deal with most any problem short of a banana in your tailpipe. :banana:

Reactions: 1 user
@ddrew01

There is a better answer...

[You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. It includes how to dump the computer codes quickly and simply as one of the first steps. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 200,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.

Ive checked that list and gone through everything and i am still having the problem. I think the problem is a vacuum leak comimg from those hoses in the picture. I just want to know what those hoses are called and where i could get replacement ones.