92 5 lug conversion question

gaskincrew

Oct 8, 2011
i have five lug conversion on my car when i purchased it, it has pony wheel from around 2000 gt on it ,but the front centre cap will not fit, where and what do i need to do to fix it,where the centre cap will pop on and no hit dust bearing cap? thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

i think youre going to have to provide more details as far as what "method" was used to achieve that 5 lug conversion. i have completed that project, using 95 spindles and NRC bracket/axle kit so i know about that method.

i have five lug conversion on my car when i purchased it, it has pony wheel from around 2000 gt on it ,but the front centre cap will not fit, where and what do i need to do to fix it,where the centre cap will pop on and no hit dust bearing cap? thanks.

ur car probably had the el cheapo 5 lug conversion done with ranger hubs, unfortunately u will run into alot of the later wheels where the center cap will not fit. only wheels that will work with that setup are the cobra r wheels.

Yup sounds like just the rotor conversion. You are still going to be pretty limited on wheel selection unless you swap spindles onto it. Until then you can either cut a hole in the center cap, or just not run the center cap at all.

so what front spindle or hub do i need to make the front wheel centre go on, there has to be a diff spindle or rotor to put on to make it work,,my car is a 93 , and im shur it was the el cheap o coversion..