93 Cobra wheels rubbing right shock on 90 GT. What's my options?

Ok...here's the deal. I took my 93 Cobra wheels off of my wrecked 90 GT and installed them on my good 90 GT. I never had any major issues with them on the old car, except maybe some minor rubbing on the inner fender shield in a tight turn.
When I bought the good car I put the cobra wheels on before I brought it home. I made it about a mile, getting on I-85 in Atlanta, and smelled brake fluid. I tested my brakes and the pedal went to the floor. The right front wheel had rubbed a complete hole in the brake line. Well... we replaced the line, and evidently the bend in the new line was a little different because I've had no further problems with the brake line. Here's the problem now. With the car on the lift the other day, I noticed that the wheel has lightly been rubbing the right front shock to the point where it has rubbed the writing on the tire off. The left front clears the shock, but only by about 1/2 inch. I know the offset is not correct for GT's, but I 'm wondering what my options are, so I can keep the 93 Cobra wheels. I really do love their looks. I have caster/ camber plates. I plan on trying a front wheel alighnment first and see where that gets me. But I'm afraid they're just gonna say, "uh, you got the wrong wheels on this car, bud". That would float with me if I hadn't had good results with the wheels on my old 90 GT. If the alighnment dont work, what's my options? Wheel spacers? Swap in 93 Cobra front end parts? If so...what parts?

I'm just baffled at why the left side is not rubbing and the right side is.
I have Grip front suspension... I dont know if they are too "fat" or what. Any low profile shocks out there?
I'm running 245/45/17 tires all the way around
Both sides' wheel weights have also been rubbing A arm at full lock.

p.s. I'm running 1/2 to 5/8 spacers in the rear. That's the way the previous owner of my now-wrecked 90 GT had them set up. (no problems in rear)

What do I need to do??? Please help me keep my 93 Cobras!

• Sponsors (?)

Just for grins throw a level on the rim ,cut a piece of wood (1X2) to fit tight on the edge of the rim so you can put the level up to the wood.also plumb it front to back.See how much lean is toward the top, should be about 1/4 inch or 1/8 inch leaning in at the top. Also see if the camber is approximately the same on both sides.takes 5 minutes.

Go to Ford and get some steering rack limiters.Small plastic discs that snap on the rack on the inner part in front of the inner tie rod.They are cheap,and limit the travel of the rack in turns.It's what they are made for.That way,you won't have to buy spacers for your wheels and push them out too far.