93 Fox engine swap into 95 GT. Any issues?

Zero Signal

Feb 24, 2003
Tucson, AZ
My fiance wrecked her 93 5spd fox, so I decided I may just get my 95 running again. It's been down since 2005 when I bought a 347 and never could come up with the cash to finish it. I have every single engine part from the stock 95 motor minus the shortblock which was used for the 347 and the heads which I never kept.

Here's what I'm thinking . . . I will just pull her motor and strip it down to the long block and build it back up with the 95 parts (accessories, bell housing, tranny etc) and put it in mine. Should I go through with swapping the harness and A9L into mine while I'm at it? If not, I DO have a TwEECer so I can probably handle the fox cam.

Does anyone here have experience with this or have any links to good info on it? I did a search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd not consider the EEC swap since you have the RT. The SN processor itself is superior.

Sorry to hear about the fox getting smashed. I remember when your (then GF) used to post on the Fox side.

sorry to hear about her car. i hope she's ok.

what is she going to do for a new ride?

what else do you need to finish the 347? perhaps you can scavenge that stuff off her engine?

i know it wouldn't be optimal, but it is worth considering :shrug:

Thanks a lot guys. Yeah she's ok. Her rear tires were almost bald and it broke loose when she went to gas it while turning left. Spun and hit a berm sideways. As for another car, we're just re-commissioning the Bronco. I've been driving an Xterra we bought back in Sept. so we have 4 cars which is getting old quick.

Anyway, I will start looking into just swapping it out while keeping the 95 EEC and harness. I will probably just donate the rest of the her car since the tax deductions will be worth more than the car.

As for the 347 shortblock . . . I did consider swapping with the stock Fox one. We'll see. I may just sell it. I'm at a point where I just want it running so I can get rid of the Bronco and be down to two cars.

I wouldn't mess with it all. That motor will run just fine. All you need to do is put the timing cover on from your SN, and oil pan. The engines are nearly identical otherwise. Just use your SN wiring harness and computer, it will work the same.

Kurt