95 3.8l Mustang A/c Problems.. Need Help!

Sorcerer

Jan 4, 2003
The A/C in my 1995 3.8L Mustang is not working. The A/C will not work. The digital clock on the dash is also not working, I don't have a wiring schematic so I am not certain if its related to the A/C problem or not. What I have tried to do is add refrigerant but that didn't work all it does is blow out warm air, I know it has refrigerant in it but the A/C clutch motor(compressor) will not engage. I'm pretty sure it happened around the same time the clock stopped working maybe when I changed the fuses or something or maybe the two are unrelated. What I am looking for is what the problem is or troubleshooting guidelines, things I can try, etc. to narrow down the problem. I'm mainly concerned with just getting the A/C working again now that summer is almost here. Any relevant wiring schematics or pics would also prove useful. Whoever gives the explanation leading to a fix for the problem will get a $25 cash bonus via paypal(if its permitted on this site). Thanks for your time and effort.

The fuses are all good both under the hood and inside the car in the fuse box so it can't be a fuse. What could cause both the clock on the dash and the A/C not to work? It blows out warm air, has refrigerant inside it, the compressor just won't kick on. I'm not sure if the problems are related. Could it be the CCRM? What can I do to narrow down the problem? What things can I check on? What wires could I test and how much voltage to be going to each one. I need some ideas to narrow this problem down.

If the CCRM was damaged is there any way it could only effect the A/C? The fuel pump and stuff seems to be working fine. I'm pretty sure it has enough refrigerant in it as well so I doubt that is the problem. Thanks so much guys.

• Sponsors (?)