95 5.0 running lean/ rich adaptive limit reached

I have a 95 gt that has a BBK cold air intake, BBK mass air flow, svo intake manifold. I keep getting a code for running lean/rich adaptive limit reached. I was unable to find any vacuum leaks. And while driving the rpms hang at a high idle with the clutch in until the car is brought to a stop. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

What ECU are your running?
What injectors are installed?
What injectors is the MAF setup to use?
Are you running a chip of any type?
As mentioned above, are your O2 sensors in good shape?
Is the DTC for both banks?
Do you have any exhaust leaks (head-to-header, header-to-H pipe, around the O2 sensor seal)?

It sounds like something is mismatched in the setup if it's setting that DTC. You're not metering either the air or fuel correctly, and this is winding up the control authority of the lambda control. It could always be an exhaust leak that's poisoning the O2 sensor's reading, but it would have to be a good sized leak to max out the control range. Do you know if it's adding or pulling fuel?

New 02 sensors, stock injectors with maf to match (18 or 19 lbs?) Stock ECU, and no chips. It was both banks I believe. I would assume it's adding fuel smells extremely rich. I sprayed all the vacuum lines and gaskets I could reach with carb cleaner, no change in idle to indicate a leak. I'll have to pull the code again, I don't have it written down.

Sorry guys, been a little busy. I've been slowly chasing this problem for 4 years. So I checked the fuel pressure last summer, it was around 49lbs, if I remember correctly. I ran a code check yesterday, no codes came up. I think I cleared the codes when I parked it for the winter. I ran a running diagnostic on it yesterday also, o2 sensors are working fine at idle, reading between .33 volts and..75 volts, egr functions in range, tps in range, IAC in range and intake air temp in range. Still didn't find any exhaust leaks.

With no cats it’s just going to smell like fuel, no escaping that. Noses are a terrible indicator of air fuel ratio.

I’d confirm fuel pressure, because it shouldn’t be 49psi. If you cleared codes and none came up, that’s good.

Take the spout out and put a timing light on the car. What does it read?