95 gt no start

RMODEL65

Jul 6, 2005
brunswick ga
i picked up a 95 gts the other day. The motor was supposed to be locked up, turns out it was the smog pump. well the guy had started disassembly of the motor I stopped him at the upper intake. I've reinstalled it hooked up the injectors, and all the other electrical connection etc. im getting a pulse signal to the injectors. using my test light,I hooked the ground to ground to the positive and the needle to the other wire(not the red one) it seems to be getting spark to the plugs had it at number 1. i checked the tps it seemed low but it was dark i need to retest tomorrow in better light. I cant do to much right now cause im injured my buddy is doing most of the work any other ideas?

View attachment 334319
View attachment 334321
View attachment 334323

• Sponsors (?)

Im not sure I understand how you checked for spark, but if your sure you have it then ok. I would check fuel pressure next. You may very well be getting a pulse at the injector but do you have pressure from the pump. There should be a check valve in the rail, make sure you have adequate pressure.

I agree about the FP. Confirm that you have spark. Your injector test sounds invalid. Use a noid light across the injector connector (injectors get accessory 12 volts and a pulsed ground from the puter).

Good luck.

umm if a smog pump freezes the motor will still run fine it will just tear the belt to hell and eat the pully off the pump and make a god awful noise. Are you sure thats all thats wrong with it? I don't get much of your post either but did you turn the key?

I agree about the FP. Confirm that you have spark. Your injector test sounds invalid. Use a noid light across the injector connector (injectors get accessory 12 volts and a pulsed ground from the puter).

Good luck.
i used positive as ground and then pierced the neg side of the injector harness with my test light, so it gives the pulse. it has fuel pressure, and when i pull the plugs i get spark and i checked to make sure it was at top dead center so timing is correct. we began disassembly. i bought an explorer motor for 200 the same day i bought the car, might as well use it.

Not to insult your intelligence, but is there gas in the tank. Or the fuel lines, filter clogged, or fuel pump working. Maybe water in the gas if it's been sitting for a while?

If that all checks out, I'd make sure the ignition stuff is in order, i.e. battery, coil, plugs, wires etc.

In my personal expierences, the minor things that usually get overlooked most of the time fix the problem.

Just my .02

everything is fine spark and fuel wise. i talked to the last owner it was knocking really bad it stopped running, then sat for a while so the smog pump froze. motor i s almost out im gonna swap oil pans,timing covers and intake till i can get the elbow to use the explorer intake later on down the road

Sounds like the car was driven very hard and put away wet.

Should be interesting to see if anythings in the oil pan.

found a rod,chunks of block and pistons in the oil pan:p ive got the explorer motor ready to go just gotta install the mustang upper/lower intake(till i get the money for the elbow for the explorer, anyone have one or a link to a cheap one?) already swapped the pickup,pan timing cover,flywheel, clutch(it was new)etc.. just gotta get my buddy to drop it in. im might clean and paint the motor depends if my back is up to it tomorrow. i did a little today and im paying for it now as i type this :(