95 GT problems...

my harmonic balancer is going out or is out...regardless...its bad...i crawled under the car today and looked at it...looked just like the pic posted in another thread on a harmonic balancer...also...its leaking oil out of that spot...its not dripping though...but there is alot of oil in that area that i dont think should be there...also...my throttle position sensor is going out...had a diagnostic ran today and came up with these numbers...124...181...189...556...

124 - throttle position sensor voltage higher than expected
181 - fuel system at rich adaptive limit at part throttle, system lean (bank #1)
189 - fuel system at rich adaptive limit at part throttle, system lean (bank #2)
556 - fuel pump relay primary circuit failure

i orderd a throttle position sensor with the part number F2SF-CA

but...there also was a F1SF-AA...
i dont know the difference but the picture in the computer was upside down on the later...and my part is the opposite way on my vehicle...like the pic of the first part number...both parts looked the same except they were flipped...and i couldnt see a part number anywhere on it...i think i got the right one...

and tonight on my way home, my battery light started flashing and flickering...my battery looks brand new...but...i have only had the car about 3 weeks...

last but not least...when i idle...in neutral or with the clutch in...sometimes coasting in 5th gear with no throttle...my oil pressure drops...and as soon as i tap the throttle, it comes back up...then drops again...the only time it doesnt do it is right after i initially start it up after its been sitting...

any help would be greatly appreciated...

• Sponsors (?)

FIRST OF ALL:

<marquee>WELCOME TO STANGNET!! </marquee>

Some of those things I cant help with...but the battery "looking" brand new does not mean anything...Need to get that tested...Second...ANY time you get a new car, the obligatory tune up/inspection is in order..plugs/wires, oil, battery check etc. You can get the alt and battery tested free at a local shop. If the balancer is bad, but can wait a few months, I will have a Romac available :D

Soon, the rest of the gang will chime in on the other stuff. GOOD luck and welcome :SNSign:
RC

#1.balancer-new balancer at autozone $98.oil could be leaking past crankshaft keyway,when you install new balancer,put a little RTV on the keyway.also replace oil seal on timing cover.
#2.battery-take to autozone to have it tested.you can also pull the alternator out and have it tested while your there.
#3.lean condition-try cleaning the MAF.check for broken vacuum lines.

as for the throttle sensor and oil pressure,im not sure:shrug:

after doing the above, clear the codes,go for a little drive and check them again.good luck

i was having those exact same codes. just clean the maf and unplug the batt to reset the computer. I didn't replace the tps or anything. wait I did replace the k&n filter with a paper one ( I think the oil on the k&n was contaminating my maf). You will need a tamperproof torx bit to remove the maf. Be gentle with the cleaning, if you damage it it will be expensive to replace

When i got these codes:

181 - fuel system at rich adaptive limit at part throttle, system lean (bank #1)
189 - fuel system at rich adaptive limit at part throttle, system lean (bank #2)

I replace both o2 sensors and it went away. I have cleaned MAF also. All is well now.

I have extra TPS also. but i think other guy is having the same problem so who ever contact me first gets it. :)

If you can, get an aftermarket replacement balancer. I replaced my stock balancer with a stock replacement from autozone, and it lasted for about 3 days before it went out.
It didn't just slip either, the whole collar that slips over the crank cracked. :notnice:

If you can, get an aftermarket replacement balancer. I replaced my stock balancer with a stock replacement from autozone, and it lasted for about 3 days before it went out.
It didn't just slip either, the whole collar that slips over the crank cracked. :notnice:

WTF!!! that sucks...

I replaced mine with ford racing one. No problem so far :)

i replaced the tps and reset everything...im going to get a new balancer for sure...i dont want to sling my bottom end apart or warp my crank...its got new distro cap and plug wires...gonna change the plugs when i put my long tubes on...but, im going to replace alot on the car rather soon...pullies, balancer, clutch/flywheel, gears, intake, shifter, seats, tires, brakes, etc...anyone out there have any spare 5.0 parts?...

i replaced the tps and reset everything...im going to get a new balancer for sure...i dont want to sling my bottom end apart or warp my crank...its got new distro cap and plug wires...gonna change the plugs when i put my long tubes on...but, im going to replace alot on the car rather soon...pullies, balancer, clutch/flywheel, gears, intake, shifter, seats, tires, brakes, etc...anyone out there have any spare 5.0 parts?...

I may have a spare Romac 50 oz pretty soon..I will let you know...What else are you looking for?
RC