95 gt problems

wheelyman19

Mar 31, 2008
hi guys i got a 95 with a 5.0 swap it has a cold air intake and 4.10 gears with 18 in rims. first off the car use to start awesome not it start horrible i almost have to start it like a carb.... and second with the 4.10s is there anything i should do to it being i got those? cuz the tranny shifts really late and ive tried adjusting the cable and stuff bit idk wat else to do... do i gota get like a programmer or somthing? ow ya and btw its an auto lol

• Sponsors (?)

If the MAF is dirty the car runs like s**t. Use MAF or Non-chlorinated carb cleaners. Just spray well. The element is fragile.

The speedo off is high 15 mph? There is no speedo driven gear that will properly correct for the 4:10 gears. You can try using a 23 tooth white gear to get it closer. That might also help on the shift points.

You can do that but I prefer removing the MAF and then spraying it. NOTE - I said Non-chlorinated carb cleaner. You don't want any cleaner that will leave a residue. Just buy a can of MAF cleaner to be sure.

Has the car always shifted poorly since the 4.10s?
Or did the shifting issues start well after the 4.10 gears?

I am curious because speed sensors do go bad occaisionally, and that is what the ECM uses to set shift points. I am also wondering in my head if having the speedo gear so far off would affect what speed the sensor is reporting to the ECM... ??? If so, then getting the speedo gear correct, or closer, is what the ECM wants in order to shift properly.