95 Stang

• Sponsors (?)

Depends...
What's causing it to run rich?
There are many variables that can cause it to run rich..
Is the Check engine light on?
Have you run the codes?
Is the car modded?
Is it running bad/down on power ?

Also- Welcome to Stangnet

Yes check engine light is on, but it runs awesome. Another question; what doez it mean when turn on in the am for the first time some black water-steam coming out of the exhaust?
It generally means you're running rich. On a stock v6 I'd suspect the o2 sensors. You didn't answer any of the other questions above that would help give you more guidance.

Reactions: 1 user
If its running rich i would do like the others suggested and replace the O2 sensors and do a full tune up on it. You might also try cleaning the Mass air flow meter. As far as the check engine light you would have to pull the codes to know for sure what the issue is. Any auto part store should be able to read the codes for you.

If its running rich i would do like the others suggested and replace the O2 sensors and do a full tune up on it. You might also try cleaning the Mass air flow meter. As far as the check engine light you would have to pull the codes to know for sure what the issue is. Any auto part store should be able to read the codes for you.
Not too many auto stores have an obdI code reader that they'll let you use for free, most will just have an obdII. However, you can scan for codes w a paperclip or buy an obdI reader on Amazon for like $30. Why not scan for codes before buying parts?
Also it's probaby condensation that you're seeing coming out of the tailpipes in the morning. http://www.troublecodes.net/ford/
*Edit* never mind. Just noticed it was a V6/obdII. Go to auto zone etc and have them do a scan.

Last edited:
Not too many auto stores have an obdI code reader that they'll let you use for free, most will just have an obdII. However, you can scan for codes w a paperclip or buy an obdI reader on Amazon for like $30. Why not scan for codes before buying parts?
Also it's probaby condensation that you're seeing coming out of the tailpipes in the morning. http://www.troublecodes.net/ford/
*Edit* never mind. Just noticed it was a V6/obdII. Go to auto zone etc and have them do a scan.

You would be correct in saying that most part stores would not have an OBD1 reader, however if you would have read the thread completely you would see he stated he has a V6 mustang which in 1995 had OBD2. The V8 was still OBD1 at that time.

You would be correct in saying that most part stores would not have an OBD1 reader, however if you would have read the thread completely you would see he stated he has a V6 mustang which in 1995 had OBD2. The V8 was still OBD1 at that time.
You would be right that I was wrong at first thinking it was an obdI car. However, if you would have re-read my post you would have realized that I edited it after I realized it was a V6 in question. I even wrote "**Edit**" prior to finishing the post. Maybe the edit didn't go through until after you posted?