95 to 03 conversion: DPFE/EGR adaptation

Howdy folks. New to your forum here, and I don't have a Mustang, but I figured that someone on here would know how to help me with an obstacle that I have encountered during an engine upgrade. I've seen where some of you have dropped PI engines into your non-PI Mustangs, and I imagine that you may have run up against some of the same issues.

I have a 95 Crown Victoria, and my engine croaked a few weeks ago. I ran across a really good deal on an 03 Crown Vic engine with 36k from a rollover wreck. I'm planning on using my coil/plug wires/ecu from the 95 to run this engine. I don't know what all other issues I'm going to run into just yet, but I have identified one so far; the solenoid for the EGR is integrated with the EGR, and it doesn't appear to have a DPFE sensor, unless it, too, is integrated with the EGR. The EGR on the 03 engine has a 6 pin connector, the DPFE sensor from the 95 has a 3 pin connector, and the EGR solenoid from the 95 has a 2 pin connector. I have attached pictures below. Any suggestions on how to dea with this situation? Thanks.

egr1.jpg

dpfe.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, well, I got the answer somewhere else and thought I'd share it in case it might help someone else. Since the EGR, solenoid are integrated on the 03, and there appears to be no DPFE, then I will need to get an EGR valve and EGR tube from a 2000 crown vic and use the DPFE sensor from the 95. Everything should be good to go then.

Ciao.