96 and up cobra's

grrrrrrr

May 20, 2003
norfolk, VA
Did 96 and up cobras come with a bumper that said cobra, or a bumber that said mustang? I saw a mustang today that sounded alright and SVT and cobra badging but the bumber said mustang. I was pretty sure it supposed to say cobra... anyone know?

• Sponsors (?)

Actually, it's not too hard. I put a GT take-off exhaust on my 94 V6, and a lot of folks mistake it for a GT by sound alone. I even fooled a friend of mine, who's heard the car before. He heard a Mustang driving up, and thought it was a GT. To his great surprise, I pull up in the V6. It helps it's a true dual-exhaust, not the "y" adaptor kit that's available.

Like super302 said, check the taillights and the rest of the car. I believe the 94-95 Cobra's has the "crab" spoiler with the 3rd brake light in the spoiler. That's a dead giveaway if the 'stang doesn't have that one, or has two 3rd brake lights.

Chythar said:
Actually, it's not too hard. I put a GT take-off exhaust on my 94 V6, and a lot of folks mistake it for a GT by sound alone. I even fooled a friend of mine, who's heard the car before. He heard a Mustang driving up, and thought it was a GT. To his great surprise, I pull up in the V6.

Like super302 said, check the taillights and the rest of the car. I believe the 94-95 Cobra's has the "crab" spoiler with the 3rd brake light in the spoiler. That's a dead giveaway if the 'stang doesn't have that one, or has two 3rd brake lights.

oops, i forgot about the spoiler :nonono:

super302 said:
oops, i forgot about the spoiler :nonono:
I would know - I bought a take-off Cobra spoiler for my V6, and I've got the dual 3rd brake lights. :D But I'm not looking to be a Cobra wannabe - I just like the spoiler. The V6'll eventually get a Cobra motor in it so I can turn it into a true Cobra clone.