97 vert stock 1/8???

• Sponsors (?)

its 5 speed, i want to take it out the track this friday and then switch to 4.10s and see how much quicker it would be. how much practice at the track do you guys think it will take before i get down? iv never raced at the trackk and i hear is completely differnet then on the street.

its 5 speed, i want to take it out the track this friday and then switch to 4.10s and see how much quicker it would be. how much practice at the track do you guys think it will take before i get down? iv never raced at the trackk and i hear is completely differnet then on the street.

everyone's learning curve is very different & the track is MUCH different than the street. so, there's absolutely no way of answering that

fwiw, i gained 3 tenths the first time down the track (1/8th) on my last non-pi car when i added 4.10's. the farthest i got it down is 4 tenths total

when i first got my 98 i took it to the track and ran a 9.9 best put in the 4.10 and got a 9.4 while slipping most the way through first and part of second. best thing to do is get gears, MM full length sfc, tires, then swap the PI cams and PI intake.

I can't wait to run this spring with the mods i have done this winter :D :D :D