98 Gt With A 06 Crown Vic

Bobenweeve

Dec 22, 2015
So... I'm new to forums in general and first time stang owner and just need advice... I just bought my 98 Gt on Saturday after searching for the right one for about the last 4 years... It's got about 130k to 170k on car (broken speedo) according to the guy that put it together, and 23k on a motor out of a 05-06 Crown Vic... Haven't gotten the paperwork on the car yet and the guy was pretty busy when I talked to him so I'm supposed to be bringing it to him next week so he can do some minor fixes to the car... But I bought a mustang because you can find parts all over the place and I think they are perfect for a guy that doesn't make too much money for a sweet toy... But my main concern is am I gonna have problems modding this Crown Vic motor and is it going to be expensive? What kinds of mustang parts will I be able to put on there? I'm just worried that I may have gotten screwed out of what it was that I was looking for... I did do quite a bit of research and it does seem like the motor in there is way better than the stock one... I do understand that it's a modular engine and its practically identical but what kinds of things are interchangeable and how should I go about hunting down parts... I'm sure this has been posted somewhere and I have seen things about Crown Vic swaps but never this many years apart... Please help! Should I be terrified as I am or should I be hella happy!? Thanks guys! ANY advice of any kind

• Sponsors (?)

Finally figured out how to put a pic of it on here! Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20151219_144750.jpg
    IMG_20151219_144750.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 101
There is no difference unless he also converted it to coil on plugs (which I doubt). Everything else is the same down to the 6 bolt crank. You do have better heads and intake than the 98 had so your car has 45 more HP right off the bat.

There is no difference unless he also converted it to coil on plugs (which I doubt). Everything else is the same down to the 6 bolt crank. You do have better heads and intake than the 98 had so your car has 45 more HP right off the bat.
Nice! OK that's what I thought... And no he did not... It's plugs and wires... So I probably still have to hunt down parts for the year on the motor tho right or does it all mesh relativity well? I heard something about intake possibly being on the opposite side or something like that? I have to take a better look at it in the morning...

Vic intake points to the driver side, Mustang to the right. I am sure they just flipped the throttle adapter. When it comes to tensioners and idlers you will say for the Vic. Everything else is still Mustang. Well the Vics alt has more juice. Also the Mustangs water pump is more effecient at higher RPMs and less effecient at lower. But that may just be a SOHC/DOHC varience. Never really looked close enough.

Vic intake points to the driver side, Mustang to the right. I am sure they just flipped the throttle adapter. When it comes to tensioners and idlers you will say for the Vic. Everything else is still Mustang. Well the Vics alt has more juice. Also the Mustangs water pump is more effecient at higher RPMs and less effecient at lower. But that may just be a SOHC/DOHC varience. Never really looked close enough.
Ugh... That's just awesome to know... He told me last night and kinda had to get off the phone quick...spent most of the night last night trying to look up everything I could and was losing sleep over it! Just really worried that this would cause more problems in the end than benefits! Thanks a lot for setting my mind at ease!