A/c delete that bolts in place of stock compressor

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Anyone see a kit that replaced the stock compressor?

I have the ford delete kit now, but I am putting ac back on. I want to install the brackets and such now, but don't want to put the compressor on yet til I change the evaporate core. But I'd like to drive the car.

So I want an ac delete that I can put in its place and then swap when the time comes. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

on my 92 can i test the evaporater core without having the ac compressor in the system? my thing is i will go without if its bad and get a delete kit but if its good than i will put a compressor in when i put the motor in.(its new to me and i have next to no history about it other than it's been in a field for the past year or more with no motor or trans but i have a 5.0 in a e250 van to go in and it has AC)

I don't think summitt makes one like that.

I found a few...cheapest was in the $50 range.

Might be cheapest to run a junk A/C compressor for now that still has a free spinning pulley. Then when i put the a/c back in, i can just swap the compressors.

This way, it allows me to put it back in stages and the car isn't down for long. Then i can make up for my mistake of removing a perfectly good a/c system off my car :(

For me the A/C no longer has any coolant in it and the A/C pump makes noise so we were going to remove it and go with the Ford Racing kit. My understanding is that it moves the PS pump up to the A/C spot but I would need a different belt size. For simplicity sake it would probably be easier to go with one of these dummy pulleys and still use the factory belt size.

For me the A/C no longer has any coolant in it and the A/C pump makes noise so we were going to remove it and go with the Ford Racing kit. My understanding is that it moves the PS pump up to the A/C spot but I would need a different belt size. For simplicity sake it would probably be easier to go with one of these dummy pulleys and still use the factory belt size.

Cost-wise...they are the same price really. Ford Racing kit is $35 i beleive?? Add in a $15 belt and you are at the cost of the dummy pulley anyway. Like i said before, the pullies are running around $50-70.

If the cost is in the ballpark of each other, the ford racing kit is the way to go. The a/c dummy pulleys have been known to fail due to crappy bearings and such. Would suck to get stuck on the highway because of this part failing. So even if it costs me $5-10 more to get another belt...it's worth it knowing it will never fail

Cost-wise...they are the same price really. Ford Racing kit is $35 i beleive?? Add in a $15 belt and you are at the cost of the dummy pulley anyway. Like i said before, the pullies are running around $50-70.

If the cost is in the ballpark of each other, the ford racing kit is the way to go. The a/c dummy pulleys have been known to fail due to crappy bearings and such. Would suck to get stuck on the highway because of this part failing. So even if it costs me $5-10 more to get another belt...it's worth it knowing it will never fail

:stupid:

the frpp kit is just the production-line brackets for non-a/c cars, bolt on, get a belt for a non-a/c car, and off you go. plus it puts the p/s pump where you can actually fill it and get it to stfu.

I would just throw on the ford a/c delete and get the short belt. The ASP on most other kits still require a shorter belt so it's still is going to cost more in the end + like you stated known for weak bearings. you can get a short non a/c belt for cheaper than a junk yard compressor that still might lock up on you. I'd go for the piece of mind while you wait to finish the a/c.

With the AC deleted and the PS pump relocated higher on the driver's side, the drivebelt can be routed like this so there's no need for a dummy pulley:

Fox_5.0_Smog_AC_Delete.JPG

BTW, my real name is also Dino. :D