A/C Delete???

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not 100% sure but I believe the A/C pulley isn't causing any drag unless the A/C is actually on. There is a clutch that engages the unit when on, off when OFF like an idler pulley. Is drag your motivation for removing it? It doesn't weigh all that much.

I already have the underdrive pullies but yea I take to the track and only drive it in summer but sometimes at nite I need the defrost
Posted via Mobile Device

The A/C pulley is no different than your tensioner pulley riding on bearings when it is not in use.

Hacking the A/C out of a good car is rediculous. If you want a light-track car, build a stripped out Notch with crank windows. The v8 version weights in around 2800 lbs.

AC dehumidifies the air and extracts the heat out of it as well. My blown coupe has functioning AC.

Spartan was cool in the 60's, but it will severely hurt resale when you become tired of your car.

Hacking the A/C out of a good car is rediculous

It is a bit silly to start gutting such a nice car, for the odd track outing. However, if you insist upon deleting the a/c, install a full cage and run it through the outer a/c vents like we did. That way you can make sure to destroy the interior...lol. While you're at it, delete the nice sound system for more weight savings. Don't forget to move the battery into the trunk, but you will need to add a kill switch on the rear most portion of the car.

there is no purpose to eliminate the a/c unless its a total track car.

+1
Unless removing a/c is part of a bigger plan to lose 200-300lbs or more, deleting the a/c alone will not likely yield lower ETs

inter1.jpg