A/C Line

Guero

Oct 11, 2005
Well I took my car to get check for leaks on the a/c, and supposesibly there were none. So they charged me 150 bucks or so to refill the system. Plus the 30 bucks to check. Well today i finally used the a/c and it didn't fuvking work!!!!!! So i look in the Engine compartment and theres green die everywere. So i took it back and told me it was the A/C Manifold line, cost 280 bucks plus labor. Then they still wanted me to pay to refill the system needless to say i got pissed and left. How much is that line there talking bout and how hard is to change?

• Sponsors (?)

Its notvery hard at all. Ive never filled my Mustang but I did my Truck a few times. I would go back and make them fill it up for free. You paid them to check for leaks, thenj they filled it up. It was leaking and you paid them to fix it.

I got one off the classifieds for 40 last year...lots of people delete their AC.
That 5/16 bolt in the port is a good idea, mine was leaking there after messing around with it. I found the real leak in the pass. side corner, right by the press. switch. Got the disconnect tools for a few bucks, new o-rings, and a couple of cans of refrigerant at the Autozone for 1/10 of the cost those guys charged you....
Good Luck

Guero said:
what do i do with the 5/16 bolt?

If it is the service port on either the low or high side, you can plug the service port with the 5/16-24 bolt. But if the line is actually cracked, then you need to either remove it, weld it and reinstall, or replace the line.

Napa sells them for $30 for each line. The line you are talking about is the low pressure line on the drivers side that swoops around the back side of the intake I am assuming.
Scott