A/C Prob

RsStanG1987

I shaved all my pubes playing this game.
10 Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
Dupont PA
Ok so i had it recharged last week and its not working this week. Heres the prob.. The system is still full but the clutch for the ac is not spinning.. I think it may not be getting power..I checked fuse position 6 but no so go not even the click that lets you know its coming on. I had a bad cmpressor once before and it still spun.. Any ideas and possibly another fuse location?

• Sponsors (?)

Check for power at and egressing the low pressure switch. If you have it, go to the WOT relay. Check for output (the relay and its wiring is prone to baking if you live in a hot climate). If you have output there, check the clutch for 12 volts. Go from there.

Good luck.

And the WOT relay (Wide Open Throttle - the power runs through its common and NC terminals until you hit WOT, at which time it energizes and kills the AC) is in front of the pass strut tower (adjacent the inlet tube). If your AC is on and you grab it and move it a little, the AC might kick on. If so, you know something is wrong there.

The clutch as two wires - power and ground. put a meter across them when you have the AC turned on. If you have power, it's like the clutch itself or a clutch adjustment.

Good luck.