A/C Switches Tweaking Out

My A/C switches are tweaking out.

It works only on the highest level - the 3 below (low - and the two inbetween) are not working. Which doesn't really bother me because I won't fix it anytime soon.

But what causes this? Fuse? Wires?

Just wondering. Thanks.

Someday I'll fix it. LOL.

• Sponsors (?)

There is a resistor pack that controls the fan. The two middle settings re burned up. I have no idea how much $$ or how hard it is to change. I would think it is pretty cheap for parts but probably pretty intensive labor wise.

I forgot the name but it's like the blower motor controller or relay that'll need to be replaced. It should be somewhere inside of the car, my guess would be behind the glovebox.

mricci said:
has anyone had this problem but with what vents it come out? no matter what setting i have my car on it blows out the defroster and floor only.

That is a very common problem on our cars. They used a VERY tiny vacuum line to run to cycle the vents. It originates at the vacuum tree behind the drivers side strut tower at the firewall, and runs along the firewall. It will be cracked/broken somewhere. I guarantee this is your problem.

To fix it, I take a piece down to a hobby shop, get some hollow tubing that fits very snug inside the vacuum line, cut a piece off and use it as a butt connector to joint the two pieces where it broke. You should tape it up too when you are done.
Scott