A Camaro guy buys a SN95 GT?

grendal

Jun 15, 2002
Houston, TX
Hi All,

I have been away from performance vehicles for a while, mostly due to economic issues and busy-ness of life. At age 25 I bought a brand spanking new 2000 Camaro Z28 (25 = insurance rate drop), and after being pulled over by the police about twice a month, I gave it up for a 4x4 Silverado Z71 truck... I quickly missed the fun and located a used 1995 Camaro Z28, but later sold it to cut expenses....

I've been out of the performance car market ever since! I almost got back in a couple of times. I test-drove a new 2003 GT and liked it a lot. I test drove a new 2008 GT and liked it a lot... never could make the numbers make sense in my head, especially once going with the Dave Ramsey lifestyle.

So... a friend of mine this week decided to trade in her 2001 GT that she's owned for 9 years and the dealership offered her a ridiculously low price. I offered her $500 more to sell it to ME and she accepted...

So I'm the proud owner of a 2001 Mustang GT (auto) with 89k miles. I know a little about Fords, but as a GM guy, I need a lot of schooling!

I have some initial questions that I'll probably need to direct to another forum, but I'll post them here:

1) Intake manifold... has a small crack, patched with JB Weld. I want to replace the whole thing... best thing to do for performance and 100% reliability is ?? Factory upgraded replacement? Aftermarket polished aluminum? Find a Bullitt intake (is that even possible anymore?).
2) Headers... are there long-tube kits for AUTO SN95's? I noticed the BBK is manual only.

Millions of other questions, but I'll start with those two.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)