A day that I will, unfortunately, never forget...

Today at around noon, I was involved in a bad accident. Before I go on, I'm ok, aside from a stiff neck.

I was traveling on a main road, doing 45mph (45mph zone), and I noticed a big flatbed truck waiting to make a right turn onto the street. I was in the far right lane, with moderate traffic in the lanes next to me. Now, there was plenty of room behind me for the truck to enter the road when I passed. However, he decided not to check his left-hand side and plow into the street. He pulls out right into me, and I catch the back of the flatbed. I swerved under hard braking in order to avoid going underneath the truck, and I did. Still, the results weren't pretty. I was dreading getting out of the car to see the aftermath.

Oh, I almost forgot, the jackass took off after the incident, hit and run. I didn't get his plates down as I was in shock for a while, but plenty of witnesses saw what happened (one of which was an attorney), and luckily there are street cameras there that caught the whole incident. I'm gonna make sure he gets ****ed within an inch of his life. I could have been severely injured, he didn't know that. He just booked it. Also, the dumbass works at the place that he was pulling out of, and several coworkers told the cops on the scene who it was. I hope he goes to jail and eats ****. I'll be prosecuting his ass.

Anyways, I got out of the car and lost it when I saw what was left of her. I have so much attachment to that Mustang, and it completely crushed me. Here are some pics:

Wrecked2.jpg

Wrecked1.jpg

I feel sick looking at the pictures still. I was going to keep this car forever. I loved it so much, and I put a lot of time and effort into it. Every mod I had was exactly what I wanted; I never half-assed anything. It just sucks so much. Might sound corny, but I feel like I lost a dear friend. She'll always be missed. All my friends are devastated. They all loved that car so much, as well.

Here are some pics of the different stages she went through. I just want to remember the good times, and see how this car changed. I know I'm being a little emotional, but it is emotional, like it or not. This car was more than a hunk of metal to me.

Stock, when I first took ownership:

ElectraEdited3.jpg

Added a Mach 1 chin spoiler and headlights with black housings:

SNV30172.jpg

Threw on the FR500 wheels:

SNV30264.jpg

Wing delete, tinted tails:

9.jpg
4411_84079514199_502809199_1886373_.jpg
10632_505589903547_192600672_301599.jpg

And then finally, black Terminator wheels with black headlights:

Vader1.jpg
Vader2.jpg

Throughout all these cosmetic changes, many performance mods were performed. I was going to lower her next weekend with Eibach Sportlines, along with the addition of a Terminator trunk lid. I had plans for a single turbo setup, as well. That was supposed to happen this summer. It's really unfortunate that I lost my car due to the ignorance of some loser piece of ****.

As for my next car, I don't know. It's too soon to think about it. Something I don't even want to discuss yet. I'll be rocking my cool Mazda 3 (sedan) rental for the next few weeks until things are sorted out. I have meetings with the adjusters tomorrow, so it'll be a busy day. But yeah... That's my situation, and it sucks. Lost something very dear to me.

• Sponsors (?)

O....M....G!

The car is DEFINITELY going to be totaled. Its gone. This really pisses me off. The fact that he just drove off is really boiling my blood. I can't ****ing stand people like that!

Try and look on the bright side of things, maybe they'll value the car high enough that you can pick up another nice GT or even a Mach 1.

That ****ing blows. If you had a stiff neck, you definitely should have gone to an emergency room. Insurance or not, you can't fix the car at all?

Find out where that a$$hole is and give him AIDs.

I've got full coverage, the adjuster is coming out tomorrow. The car is totalled though, no doubt. The frame is bent, door won't open. Which makes me wonder how I got out of the car after the accident...

go to a doctor. you will get WAY more out of this if you can verify your injuries. i spent 12 hours on a back board and neck brace after the drunk hit me about 6 months ago. i had about 11K in medical bills from just a couple of trips to the doctor. go get checked out b/c the bills will add up quickly!

first thing when you get in an accident and want to sue dont get out of the car dont move let the ambulance take you out. Once you get up and walk around any good attny. will say you weren't that hurt.

secondly once you agree on value for the car, unless its personal property you cant take it out, IE mods, radio, seats, anything. So if you know where the car is go back and rip everything you want out of there.

sorry to hear about the wreck your right your lucky to be alive. Hopefully you get a car that you love even more

Dude, thank god you didnt go under that thing. Just keep looking at the positives: your ok, and your insurance will help get you back on your feet. I know it sucks but just think about how much it would have sucked if you lost all movement below the neck or something as severe as that.

That car was gorgeous, but at least youll be rocking a MONSTER rental for a while! :D

And yeah, get a mach or termi, I wish I did. :nice: