a few questions about a few probs

B's 96 GT

Mar 15, 2004
first, when i shift hard or fast it won't go into gear or it makes a hard grinding sound. what could that be? did i adjust to stops wrong?

second, when i'm driving in first mainly my car feels like real mustang very jerky or bucking like. i know i need new suspension so could this be the reason? you know, the torque and bad shocks = rough ride.

OK, three-i also have a sqeeking noise when turning. i believe this will be fixed with the struts but not for sure.

• Sponsors (?)

B's 96 GT said:
first, when i shift hard or fast it won't go into gear or it makes a hard grinding sound. what could that be? did i adjust to stops wrong?

second, when i'm driving in first mainly my car feels like real mustang very jerky or bucking like. i know i need new suspension so could this be the reason? you know, the torque and bad shocks = rough ride.

OK, three-i also have a sqeeking noise when turning. i believe this will be fixed with the struts but not for sure.

ok for problem #1 you need too remove the bump stops . all tremec trannys have built in stops and these aftermarket ones cause nothing but trouble.

the reason why it wont go into gear at high rpm's is because you hav ethe clutch partially engaged .. you need too get a firewall adjuser with a aftermarket quadrant. i have the steeda one. and adjust the clutch untill you have too lift your foot 2 inches or more off the floor before the rpm's start too drop. you test this from a stop. put the car in second gear. and slowly let up from the floor untill the rpm's start too drop. you must have a minimun of 2 inches of free play.

#2 the gear ratio in 1st is so high it going too be jerky

#3 replace the tie rod ends .. this and #1 are very common problems.

The Diesel said:
Sounds like you just cant drive for crap.

well i can drive and.when i first got my car it did the same thing. clutch was engaging on the floor i had too buy a firewall adjuster too give some freeplay at the bottom of the pedal. sounds too me like you don't know ****. this is a very common problem with mustangs of all years. the pedel free play is way off and the clutch stays engaged..

the clutch feels like it's from a truck to. should i just get the whole kit from steeda and be done with it? it is a t-45, is that a tremec? still new with the stang world. and maybe i can maybe i can't drive but i would still be leaving dust in your face-lol.

svttech76 said:
well i can drive and.when i first got my car it did the same thing. clutch was engaging on the floor i had too buy a firewall adjuster too give some freeplay at the bottom of the pedal. sounds too me like you don't know ****. this is a very common problem with mustangs of all years. the pedel free play is way off and the clutch stays engaged..
Wasnt talking to you. And if your in first and the cars is jerking abd bouncing around like that, then no, you cant drive. It shouldnt do that unless you know how to use the gas, and it doesnt matter if you have a ****load of power and a 4.10 gear or not.

As for the clutch, buy an adjustable clutch cable and be done with it.

B's 96 GT said:
the clutch feels like it's from a truck to. should i just get the whole kit from steeda and be done with it? it is a t-45, is that a tremec? still new with the stang world. and maybe i can maybe i can't drive but i would still be leaving dust in your face-lol.
Dust in my face? haha alright dude. Go educate yourself then come back lol.

LOL, it's just when i'm in first is jerks. i've been driving sticks since i was 12 and never had the problem before. i plan to ket adjustable clutch. i had to say something!