A few random questions...

Shiroelex

There's nothing worse than aut
Founding Member
Aug 23, 2001
Westland, MI
I have a few questions that I figure I'd throw in one thread for convenience.

1. I just put new PI heads on the Crown Vic I am working on, and the old bolt on cam gears went on fine, but the bolts are too big. Which years do I have to tell the dealership to look under for the right cam bolts for these heads?

2. In my beater Focus, it's starting to make an interesting humming noise from the front end when I make big left turns. I'm sure it's a wheel bearing, but am not sure what side it is, since both wheels feel tight when the car is in the air. It only does it when I turn to the left a bit. Nothing to the right. Which wheel is it?

3. Are the pipes that go from the midpipe to the inlet of the muffler the same on all 79-04 Mustangs?

And lastly, is there a difference in a NPI exhaust manifold to a PI manifold? Some websites have different part numbers for them, and other sites don't. I want to put these headers that say they are for 96-98 GTs on these PI heads.

• Sponsors (?)

I took a look at some longtubes for a 96 GT, and they look like they are bigger than the PI ports are on the heads. I donno if they just made them universally big, but if some BBK shorties are the same way, then that's what were are using.