a few v6 basic ?'s

doc stang

Mar 9, 2007
is the v6 aluminum blocked, like the v8?
how high do they rev?
what are the stock hp/tq numbers
what is the most NATURALLY ASPIRATED power anyone has made with one?
what mods?
how much lighter is a v6 CAR, than the v8??
or
how much lighter is the v6 BLOCK than the v8

what would headers, UDPs, cams, CAI, and a custom tune make?

• Sponsors (?)

210 at the engine, but I'd be curious to see how much is lost in the drivetrain before it hits the wheels. MY '00 lost about 17% from engine to the wheels.

Most 4.0L will pull about 170-180 RWHP at most, stock. On a Mustang Dyno, I was able to put down 200RWHP and 198TQ with an AFE CAI, Brenspeed 93 tune, Ninosport duals with GT take offs. Mustang Dyno is more real world numbers, or about 6-8% lower that a DynoJet would show. I'm happy with my numbers. Definitely does not feel stock after my mods... Hope this helps...

Martin

Attachments

• Original Dyno Sheet.jpg
    Original Dyno Sheet.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 115
i have an 07 v6. i have installed a c&l cai, bbk 70mm throttle body, screamin demon coils with msd wire and bosch +4 fussion plugs, underdrive pully, shorty headers, 2.5" true dual exhaust with x-pipe and end dumps with no mufflers, 8.8 rear end w/3.73 gears and t-lock, aluminum driveshaft (14lbs), diablo sport programmer with bamachips 93 race tune, and a steeda short throw shifter. i have not went to the dyno yet, but i know i'm faster than a stock gt or a stock 98-2002 trans am. i'm waiting on the aluminum flywheel and kevlar clutch to come in to take it to the track and see what it will do. right now, if i hit it hard the clutch slips. and i'm gonna take it to put it on a dyno for fine tuning. i ran an 02 trans am with a hyper-tech tune, cai, and borla exhaust. from 30- 120 we were nose to nose. we ran twice and it was the same out come both times. i hope this can atleast give you and idea of what can be done with what results. my next step is to build the block with forged internals and stage 3 heads and cams and add a roots style forced induction. i'm shooting for a solid 500 hp, but we will see how it goes.