A new set of problems

Well, I guess I made a major mistake earlier when I attempted to set the belt timing back. I have since tried three times. I cannot even get the engine to fire on all four cylinders now. The number one spark plug wont even fire until you turn the distributor to where it barley even runs. I'm guessing I got the timing all f***ed up when I attempted to adjust it. But I don't understand. I set the cam gear to the mark, I used a punch to feel when the piston was exactly at top dead center, I set the distributor to #1. What could I have possibly done wrong? Please guys, ANY info at this point would be a big help. I feel like I'm not even qualified to drive this car anymore. I just don't see what I could possibly be doing wrong. How freaking precise is the timing? Can being off one tooth really fug it up to where it will barley even run? If so, how the hell am I supposed to get it any closer than I already did. I mean, you'd think following those simple steps would be enough, but obviously there's something I don't know.

• Sponsors (?)

Allright guys. My timing is perfect. I followed the instructions for TPS adjustment on stingers site perfectly, the piece of s**t still acts like that. It still sputters at anything less than full throttle. It will still run fine if you unplug the TPS. it has a small vacuum leak. It is really truely that likely that a tiny little vacuum leak could cause ALL this trouble??? I was thinking that maybe, the TPS and MAP are reading one thing, but then the O2 sensor would see more oxygen, and try to richen up the mixture, while the MAP would say there isn't enough air, (because a vacuum leak would reduce manifold pressure) and try to lean it out. If I'm wrong, then I'm done. I really don't have ANY other clues as to what could be causing this crap. I have a new everything that determines air fuel mixture. But I'm still havening air fuel mixture problems. I've even replaced the new TPS with another one. But if the problem is a vacuum leak, why would unplugging the TPS help? Does the computer still use the MAP and O2 to control fuel trim when the TPS isn't present?